Psychotherapy can help you:
- Increase interpersonal effectiveness. Build skills for communication, assertiveness and boundary setting. Develop a strong sense of self so you are less reliant on the validation of others for your emotional needs.
- Increase emotional awareness and effectiveness. Gain a better understanding of your emotions. Learn specific strategies that can help you to make practical use of your feelings as a tool to guide you toward what you need in your life and relationships.
- Cultivate self-awareness and self-love. Develop an honest awareness of who you are, including your unique gifts and areas for growth. Learn to accept and love who you are while still challenging yourself to grow.
- Build internal strength. Through practice with confronting and “lifting the weight” of your own emotions and reactions, you can begin to feel strong in the face of whatever life throws your way.
- Heal from the past. Gain insight into how past events are affecting you currently. Use cutting edge techniques to integrate and heal these traumas so that you can move forward with healthier perspectives and more effective patterns of relating to self and others.
- Give meaning to life’s challenges. There is nothing you can’t overcome when you find your own resilience. Learn how you can transform emotional pain and troubling symptoms into strength, character and meaningful growth.